Monday, April 30, 2007

Grrr!

That's it! If this project doesn't come out, I'm putting down the needles forever! Growl, snarl, snap. I can't seem to do anything right. I've frogged almost every single thing I've done this year and have haphazard piles of yarn to show for it. Not to mention the horrid Karaoke that is full of knots and is spun in varying weights from chunky to fingering weight. An entire bag full of knots and vegetable matter and random color matches. And sometimes, the yarn's not even knotted, it's just stuffed into the skein, loose. At least attempt to have a continuous skein, for crying out loud. It's very disconcerting to pull out random two foot strands from the center. Plus it's distinctly unpleasant to work with. I have have some older Karaoke in the stash that is nothing like this stuff. It's soft and easy to work with. And no knots! Phooey.

I started a project this afternoon that seems to be going well, so far. So far. I'm almost halfway done, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Ok, I'm not really going to put my needles down forever. I just got another batch of Touch Me in lavender today. I have plans for it. Or maybe I'll just crochet. That will use up stash!

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Oh my! That sounds awfully frustrating! Can you return the messed-up Karaoke to the store where you purchased it (or, if not, to the manufacturer)? Sounds like you might have gotten a defective batch of yarn there.

So what are the plans for the Touch Me in lavender, hmmm?