Saturday, April 07, 2007

So slow


I am so unmotivated about this project. I'm 10 rows from finishing the right front, and then I have the left front, the collar, and the edges to pick up. Sigh. At the rate I'm going, it won't be finished until summer. Endless rows of garter stitch is making me want to throw in some cables or bobbles or something, anything to liven it up. I was trying to finish it before starting anything else, but the end result of that is that I haven't done any knitting. I think I'll save this particular Lady for watching movies or knitting in public, and work on the Dragon Scale scarf, and the other Lady, Lady Eleanor. I have the Karaoke out where I can see it and it keeps whispering, "Knit me. I want to be Lady Eleanor. Knit me. You know you want to." Far be it for me to ignore yarn! :)

In the meantime, one of the cats has discovered that if he bats at a hank of yarn, delightful strings will pop out and the little brat mauled a skein of Socks That Rock. Luckily, I rescued it before he did any permanent damage. He's the one that needs to have the stress in his life reduced, according to the vet. I don't care how stressed he is, he still can't have my yarn. He's also discovered the swift, which he thinks is another toy. Too bad I can't teach him to wind yarn!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the colors. You'll be glad when it's done! Is there anything you can do to make it more interesting for yourself? Maybe you'll have to resort to an audiobook!

Marsha said...

Audiobooks are wonderful! When I was commuting into the city (90 minutes each way, mostly on a train), I used to knit while listening to unabridged audiobooks. It was great--I got a lot of knitting done, and managed to "read" many books I wouldn't have found time for otherwise.