Sunday, March 04, 2007

Oops. I fell off the wagon.

I had an errand to run, for a friend, at a LYS, Full Thread Ahead. Honest! She was desperate for some Misti Alpaca Lace in Cranberry, and couldn't find it anywhere on the East Coast. Luckily, Full Thread Ahead had some in stock. So, poor me, I had drive up to Los Altos to pick it up for her.
I've been ruminating on a Lady Eleanor in SWTC Karaoke, and they had plenty, in just about every color. So I picked up a few skins, ok, a bagful in the New Splash colorway. I saw some color gradient kits at Stitches this past weekend in these same colors, and loved the colors, but didn't love the projects.




Then I was assaulted by a rogue skein of Schaefer Yarns Helene in the Toni Morrison colorway. It was absolutely stunning; I couldn't take my eyes off of it. There was a brief debate about whether or not I should get it that somehow morphed into, Do I want the Toni Morrison or the Indira Ghandi colorway? Toni Morrison won. Isn't it scrumptious?






I've also made progress on the Lady of the Forest since yesterday.The colors are nice and soft. They remind me of the trilliums my great-grandmother and I would find on walks in the redwood forest when I was growing up.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

The Lady of the Forest looks very, very cool. I can't wait to see the finished piece!

And the Toni Morrison yarn is just beautiful. It would have been a crime not to buy it! Heh. What are your plans for it?