Saturday, December 26, 2009

Hurray for Yarndogs!

I picked up the Addi Turbo Lace needle, US 0, 2mm, 40" today at Yarndogs. I was trying to decide if I really should get an Addi, but decided that since I've already spent $15 on the pattern, which will undoubtedly only be used once, I should definitely spring for the needles. The join on the KP needles was snagging on the yarn, anyway.

I decided on the 40" so I can tell right away how large the shawl will be. I hate pulling a mini-shawl off the needles and discovering I've actually made a poncho. For example, I have a sneaking suspicion that my Milkweed Shawl is much larger than it ought to be. The other problem is that it makes me hungry every time I knit it. It's in Handmaiden Casbah (which I got for half-price(!) from a destasher on Ravelry) in Blackberry. It looks exactly like blackberries, so I crave blackberries, blackberry pie, blackberry cobbler, blackberry jam... The Casbah is very nice, even for an MCN yarn. It's soft and squishy and so nice to knit.

No comments: