Saturday, January 02, 2010

Milkweed is finished!

I finally finished the Milkweed shawl. It was supposed to be the last FO for 2009, but turned into the first FO for 2010. It's blocking now. Pictures tomorrow or whenever the sun comes out.

I spent several hours yesterday looking through Barbara Walker's books looking for a pattern that called out to me. I have some gorgeous sea blue yarn that needs just the right stitch pattern. I settled on the Seaweed pattern, since it's reversible. I haven't figured out the rest of the design, but I think I'm going to use YOs as "bubbles" to separate the repeats. I only have 400 yards of fingering, so I want to stretch it out.

Finally, I cast on for January's cowl KAL: Abstract Leaves Cowl. I'm using WM 80/20 in Ruby Thursday. It's the perfect red-blue. I'm not taking any chances on the needles, either. Addis all the way! (Which is funny, because I'd forgotten I even had them.)

No comments: