Saturday, September 29, 2007

TKGA show

I went to the TKGA show in Oakland today, just to go to the marketplace. It was a tad picked over by this morning, but at least I stayed within my budget. I bought Koigu (2 singles, I'm not sure if they are for socks or a scarf yet, but will require colorwork either), a skein of cashmere for a scarf, 2 skeins of fingering alpaca for my SP11 pal, rainbow colored sock yarn, a hand-dyed merino/cashmere blend for my SP11 pal, a skein of Fleece Artist Nova Sock with pattern for my SP11 pal, a White Lies sweater kit, a huge skein of gorgeous hand-dyed bulky wool, and a mitered shawl pattern. I like going to yarn shows when I have a pal to spoil - I get to buy more yarn that way!

I wouldn't have bought so much, but I'm celebrating. I've decided that I need to go on a yarn diet until Stitches West in February. I may not make it, but I'm going to try.

I'll post pictures later. It seems that we are having power problems, and my UPS isn't kicking in, and I don't want to take any chances with my computer.

No comments: