Saturday, September 01, 2007

One sock down...

One to go. No, I haven't cast on for the second sock yet. I will have a pair, though. They will be anklets, since I was bored with going round and round in circles. :) I can't cast on for any of the Cat Bordhi master socks until I finish the second sock, so that's my motivation to avoid Second Sock Syndrome.

I've started on a secret project for my SP11 pal. Finding just the right yarn and color took a week. Then it was time to swatch. I finally came up with a pattern that I like. I should have taken a picture of the Swatch Thing before I frogged it, it was very artistic, if you're into free-form knitting. The actual project is much tidier and fun to knit. The pattern was very easy to memorize.

The Swatch Thing inspired a second project that is much larger, and in a different color. It still needs to be swatched, and then I'll need to chart it. There's no way I will be able to do that one without a chart.

No comments: