Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Halfway done with the SP11 project

It's taking way too long - I'm far too easily distracted. Anyway, it's halfway done. And now I'm realizing that it's not turning out at all like I had planned. Much the same as my life, really.

I must finish this scarf, so I can finish the second sock, so I can finish the dragon scale scarf, so I can start on the Forest Canopy shawl. And then I really need to work on some sweaters.

I received my size 0 KnitPicks Harmony circular today. It is frighteningly light and fragile feeling, although very pretty to look at. I am rather nervous about knitting with it. I'm rather impatient for the rest of the needles to arrive, though. I want 'em now!

I did some checking on postal and customs regulations for my pal's country. Oops! I've exceeded the gift limit, so I need to break up the shipments, lest they be taxed. That wouldn't be very nice of me at all, would it? If it's 2 separate shipments, it will stay under the limit, and I'll pretend the postage is, I don't know, Monopoly money or something. When did postage become so very outrageously expensive, anyway?

No comments: