Saturday, July 21, 2007

Waiting for Harry...

I managed to do something bad to my left hand (that would be my dominant hand), so I really haven't been knitting too much, except for the 4 rows a day (but not every day) on the aran handbag. I have managed to mangle the cables but good in one place - how do you choke a cable? There really are two stitches there, but it looks like one. I must have done a double-twist there. I've also mis-crossed, well, actually, not crossed a couple of times on the braided cable, so it looks particularly snake-like in those sections. It's been a fun knit, overall, and continuing on past the mistakes has taken some work on my part. Yes, cables are easy to fix, and I certainly could have ripped back, but I'm finding the mistakes interesting, a real change for She Who Has To Do Everything Perfectly, So Often Does Nothing Or Gives Up In Disgust.


My next project is the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl, using Blue Moon Twisted! in Sherbet that I bought at Stitches in February. Here's a pic of it wound and ready to go:
I believe I've mentioned in the past my disdain for "dull" and "boring" colors? Well, this may be a bit bright, even for me. It reminds me of that rainbow stripe bubblegum I used to get when I was a kid. It didn't look that bright in the skein, really. See? Er, maybe it was. I wonder what an aran pattern would look like in Toasty Toes Las Vegas Brights?
Ow, stop hitting! :)

(Harry Potter has still not arrived, and I'm still waiting! Hurry it up, already!)

No comments: