Wednesday, August 15, 2007

SP 11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love knitting with wool. I find most other natural fiber yarns itchy, including alpaca, llama, angora, and especially mohair. I don't like knitting with most acrylics, although there are some man-made fibers I appreciate, like tencel.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

It depends. Most of them are in WIPs! :) I primarily use interchangeable circulars, so they stay in their cases when not in use.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting since 11/05. I'd consider myself an advanced beginner.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

No

5. What's your favorite scent?

I like citrus-y or "clean" scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I like licorice a lot, as well as mint and ginger. I don't care for chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I also crochet occasionally. I don't spin. Yet.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Mostly country/folk, with some other stuff for variety.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I like jewel tones, both bright and muted. I love hot pink. I don't like orange (unless it's with the hot pink) or yellow.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Single, two middle aged cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I wear scarves occasionally, but no hats, mittens, or ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Right now it seems to be things destined for the frog pond! I don't think I have a favorite item to knit yet.

13. What are you knitting right now?

My first toe up socks, a dragon scale scarf, and some other WIPs that are probably UFOs at this point.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Circular needles, all types have their uses.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes to both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

About 1.5 years old. It needs to be frogged, since my gauge has changed dramatically, but I haven't seen it in a while.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween. I love the costumes.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

I collect various types of dragons. Dragons are always welcome in my home!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I can't think of any off the top of my head. No subscriptions at the moment, I prefer to see the magazine in person before purchasing it.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Fair Isle or intarsia are on my someday list. I'm currently practicing lace techniques.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Well, I'm knitting my second sock ever, so sort of. Foot circumference: 8.5", length of foot 9.5".

23. When is your birthday?

June 12.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

No.

No comments: