Sunday, August 19, 2007

SP 11, sock progress

I've heard from both my upstream and downstream pals for SP 11. Yay! I'm really looking forward to it. Since my downstream pal is in Finland, I'll have to really think about what I want to send. International postage is really expensive! $37 flat rate for up to 20 lbs, and that's the least expensive option I've found so far.

I'm almost to the gusset increases on my sock. It's actually not quite that bright and the pooling isn't as obvious in real life. It's a toe up, magic loop sock, my first for both. Magic loop is working much better for me than DPNs did, although I have discovered that 4 DPNs are easier to work with than 3.

I frogged my Malabrigo dropstitch scarf. I just wasn't liking it. The color, Applewood, just isn't me, either. Maybe it will eventually tell me what it wants to be, or perhaps it wants to go live with someone else. I also frogged both Touch Me scarves, wincing as I did so. Chenille doesn't survive frogging well, but it had to be done. The red one was started when I had a much tighter tension, and there was no way I could match it, even by switching needles. The Vintage Velvet in purple Touch Me Due wasn't working, since the horizontal stripes were clashing with the vertical cables. So I frogged 'em.

I only have one UFO left, the Karaoke Lady Eleanor. I love the colors and the pattern is nice and mindless once you get going, but I'm tempted to just sell the remaining 9 balls of it and frog the rest, because I just don't like the yarn.

My WIPs are just the sock above and the dragon scale scarf, which I am determined to finish by Labor Day. I'm over halfway done, that shouldn't be a problem.

No comments: