Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Why didn't anyone tell me how much fun this is?

I'm making good progress on my sock from this weekend. It's not perfect, but I'm pretty proud of it, considering that it's my first toe-up, magic loop sock ever. Plus, short rows, which I am terrible at. But still, it's fun! I knew sock knitting was supposed to be fun, not wrestling with an octopus. I'm using STR Fire on the Mountain, in what was supposed to be beaded rib, but is something else. It's pretty, whatever stitch it is. I haven't decided what kind of heel I'm going to use, but it's coming up soon. How can a sock knit on size 0 needles, in fingering weight, knit up faster than worsted on size 5 needles?

I went to one of my LYS yesterday, but didn't purchase anything. I was definitely tempted by all the Claudia hand paints - I'll take one of each, please, but I nobly resisted. My bank account thanks me. I also had an idea percolating in my head when I saw the new Noro yarn, Hotaru, but I couldn't find the right yarn to go with it, and the project didn't fully materialize, so I put it back. I have enough projects in the stash already! I'm supposed to be on a yarn diet, anyway.

Non-knitting content:
I'm still employed. I finally reached my recruiter yesterday, and she said that the client loves me, and in fact, have requested more people like me. The recruiter and I agreed that I only need to stay until the end of this assignment in mid-September, and that I won't be shuffled to another assignment within this particular client. That was yesterday. Today, my manager at the client called and wants to have a meeting tomorrow, to discuss "switching things around." I have a feeling I'll be talking with my recruiter again after that meeting, but I'll see how it goes.

No comments: